9.06.2012

Beauty DIY: Sweet Almond Bath Soak

Sometimes you need a good soak. Forget buying bath salts and soaks--make your own! This Sweet Almond Bath Soak is just the thing. It makes a great gift too. Epsom salt is great for soothing the body, detoxification, and exfoliation of skin. Almond oil is wonderful for softening the skin and adding moisture. If you are allergic to almonds, do not use almond oil. Now excuse me, as I'm off for a lovely soak!


T O O L S:

  • 1c Epsom salt
  • 1/4 c Sweet Almond Oil--I use just a little less than this
  • Container
  • Mixing utensil--I used a chopstick

M E T H O D:
  • Pour salt into container. I like glass best. In fact, the one I'm using is an old salsa jar! Recycle those jars!
  • Pour sweet almond oil into the salt and mix.
  • To use, scoop out a handful or two, and pour into running water.
  • Relax for a bit!
T I P S:
  • Sweet Almond Oil can be purchased in health food stores or online. I've seen it for $5 and up. Do not use almond extract. 
  • This should yield a few applications, but the recipe can easily be doubled/adjusted. Sometimes, I'll add less oil and or more salt.
  • Be sure to mix before using, as the oil will settle to the bottom. It keeps for a couple of weeks.
  • Oily is naturally slippery, so be careful entering/exiting the bath. 
  • Feel free to substitute Epsom salt for rock salt, and olive oil for almond oil.
  • As always, I'm not a dr. or qualified to give medical advice, so ask your dr. before using, especially if pregnant.

22 comments:

  1. Dear Elle,

    I've missed you! Thank you so much for emailing with concern, so kind of you. We are hanging in there. Meanwhile, your posts are looking good as ever!! Take care,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious! I love making masks like this and will give this one a go! It's bookmarked ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely! Might have to give this a go this weekend- my feet could use it! :)

    Hope you're having a good week, doll!

    -Ashley
    http://lerougestylo.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great soak last night but it might have been even better with this added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not much of a bath-taker, but every once in a while a good soak does sound good. And this sounds like it would make it even more relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was gonna ask if I could use almond extract since I already have that in the cabinet but I guess I need to find some oil now. I bet Trader Joes might it. :) Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind comment, the thought of this lovely DIY soak makes me wish for a luxurious bath right how!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you posted this--I always try to make up bath salts when I have the time, you are inspiring me to start up with that again!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm sounds like a great soak. and i heart almonds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to try this. I always make my own sugar scrubs but I've never made a soak. Thanks for sharing lovely xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. God I need a relaxing bath... Its been a hell of a day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo sounds lovely. I feel like a soak in the bath right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A nice long bath this weekend is a great idea. I love the scent of almonds, so I'm giving this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is a GREAT idea. i love that it's fairly easy

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet this smells really good. Well, at least it sounds like it would smell really good! :)

    ReplyDelete

I respond to comments via email, so make sure I can respond!
For a faster response, please use Twitter or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

More ways to keep up with me: Bloglovin, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram , Youtube or email: elleseesyou@gmail.com

You made my day by visiting! See ya tomorrow :)

Disclaimer:

All products mentioned are purchased by me unless stated.
All pics, thoughts, etc, are mine unless otherwise noted. Publishing or redistributing any content from this blog is strictly prohibited. Please seek permission first. Thank you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...